Update Cart Button Issues. Venture Theme

William14
3 0 0

Venture Theme

Cart Page

The Update Cart button (shown only on mobile version) does not appear as expected.

The default button color is black. Button label color switches from black to white when onhover

Before hover, the button is black and text is black. So we cannot see any text and it looks weird.

How do I make it so that the text(button label) is white all the time?

OR

How do I remove this button altogether?

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1748 194 436

Hey there William,

Bo here from Shopify Support!

I took a look at this on my test store and was able to replicate this issue when I switch the "Button Text" to black in the theme customizer. I did, however, figure out how to solve this with some custom CSS! 

• Firstly go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code.

•  Once you are in the theme code you will need to open the Assets folder and select theme.scss.

• From here we are going to scroll all the way to the bottom of the file. I would encourage you to not edit any of the CSS but to add any new rules to the bottom of the file. Anything that is added will overwrite the rules that came before without changing anything else, whereas making a direct edit to pre-existing CSS can break your whole site. At the bottom of this file we will be adding the following code:
@include media-query($small) {
.cart__buttons {
& .update-cart {
color: #fff;
}
}
}

• Click Save. 

That's it! You've successfully changed the button text's color for the update cart button! Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

All the best,
Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

William14
3 0 0

Thanks. This worked.

0 Likes
Minhminh3110
1 0 0

OMG Thank god I found you guys T-T. I almost cry when my family found out that problem as they checked out my site. Luckily, someone has the same problem and got it solved. I'm so thankful OMG!!!

0 Likes