Update email address across customer touch points

Tourist
14 0 0
Hi team, I have noticed that Shopify is picking up my private email address, because it’s the email under my acc, when it comes to the automated customer comms that goes out like email notifications. It says to contact me on “my private email”.
Can I get help with updating all fields where my private email address is used with my business email please? Thanks :)
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
337 26 50

Hi, @CFRG.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I'm happy to help you here with your question on your private email going out to customers. Just to confirm I am understanding your request correctly, are you looking to change the customer email address (the email address that shows when customers receive an email from your store, such as an order confirmation) or are you looking to change the template of a notification sent out to your customers?

If you could let me know what you're looking to do specifically, I can provide you with guidance and resources!

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 0
Thanks for your reply. I just want Shopify to replace my private email with my company email. I wasn’t asked by Shopify to confirm which email address I would have liked to use for customer communication (automated). I didn’t give permission for Shopify to use my account email for that. Can please fix this? This applies to any area or code where Shopify used my account email for communication with my customer such as order confirmation email saying contact us on XYZ
0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 0
My private email shouldn’t be used for anything other then to login or to liaise with Shopify or make changes to my acc. It has nothing to do with my customers
0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 0
If you look at the refund policy template offered by Shopify, my private email is there... can you update the “user email” or whatever link that brings my private email to my business email? Let me know when you need me to send you my business email
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
337 26 50

Thank you, @CFRG, for getting back to me with more information on what you're looking to do.

I can understand how this would be confusing and how this can impact your business. I want to clarify that you can control which email that customers see when they receive your emails and look at your policies. I'm happy to walk you through on how you can change your customer email address on the account, as well as what's listed on your refund policy to help!

To change the email address that your customers see when they receive your emails, you can follow these steps:

- Login to your Shopify Admin

-  Click on "Settings" 

- Click on "General"

- Under Store Details, you can change the Customer Email Address

Check out our help doc to learn more about customer emails and how they show up on your store: Change Your Customer Email Address.

Once you've made this change, you'll want to update your Refund Policy (and any other policies where you've used a default template). To do this you can follow these steps:

- Login to your Shopify Admin

- Click on "Settings" then click on "Legal"

- Underneath each policy, click on "Replace with template"

- Your policy will automatically update with the new customer email address that you have placed in the earlier steps listed above. 

To learn more about adding policies to your store, you can review our help doc: Adding store policies

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes