Updated theme, but content is loading incorrctly

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
I published a new theme, and everything is smooth when I view it and load it in a browser. But, when I share a link to the home page via Facebook or Instagram, it shows the outdated content and photos from the old theme. Also, when I look on my computer, there is a pop up in the bottom right corner with buttons like Preview, which implies the theme is not published, but I double checked, and it is. Is there an extra step I need to do to update it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
58 15 12

Hey @ampfrances,

The outdated content on Facebook is most likely a cached version of your old theme. To refresh this cache, paste the URL into the debugger on this page and it should wipe the cache and load your new content: 

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/

For the Preview notice, that can hang around even after you've published the theme you had previewed. There should be a "Close Preview" button/link on that bar. Click that and you'll no longer be in preview mode.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

@Spinturnix I don't understand what to do with the information. I pasted the URL www.ohanaboardshop.com into the Facebook debugger and got this message. I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.  Thank you for your assistance.

Warnings That Should Be Fixed
  • Missing Properties
    The following required properties are missing: fb:app_id

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
58 15 12

Hi @ampfrances,

The fb:app_id message is just a warning, not a critical error. If you scroll past that warning, you can see a link preview. If this preview does not reflect recent changes, you can click the "Scrape Again" button and it should update with the new content.

Spinturnix_0-1604522713336.png

0 Likes