Urgent: Need Shopify's new in-store pickup option to be recognizable via liquid and our shipping app

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

Hey there,

Thanks so much... I got very hopeful, and/but when I go to create a rule based on requested service, the only options I see are USPS/FedEx/UPS... I don't see any pickup options listed (?)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 2

We didn't want to use another app to incur cost.  So we modify the packing slip template in Shipstation and have the rule automatically applied that when it apply the tag for Pick up.

So our shipped order gets a different template and our pickup order gets a different template.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 2

You have to type it in manually.  Your settings might be different from ours.

Here's a screenshot of what ours look like.   You can adjust as needed.  Please delete if not allowed.rule.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Correct, you won't see a specific "pickup" option, but there is a way and there is hope!

I made a rule based on "only apply these actions to orders that match specific criteria." And in the first dropdown, I chose "Requested Service (Marketplace Value). Marketplace value is the choice the customer chose. That's the one you want, not the "mapped" one. Then I made the next drop-down "equals." and the third drop-down is going to be very store specific and you enter that value manually. The value you choose is actually the name of your Shopify Location where people come to get things. That title is stored and changed within the Shopify settings in locations. But to find the exact wording I needed to input for the third box, I went into a ShipStation order that I was sure was actually a pickup order. One clicked, in the order details you'll see "requested service" and then behind that it'll show your location name which is actually what the customer chooses when they choose to pickup an order. They technically choose your location and not a shipping method. 

With all three criteria input, in the apply an action section I said: "add a tag" end then chose an existing tag that says "instore pickup" that includes a bight red box. Making that tag was easy too, but you have to make it before you get to this point. Sorry, should have said that first!! But making the tag involved hitting my list of tags above the orders and choosing "manage tags." there you can create the instore pickup tag. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

So, this did eventually work for me. I had to check and see what shopify was labeling our in store pickups as... in our case it was our cafe's physical address. So I used that in the fill in requested service field for automations and it FINALLY WORKED. THANK YOU. 

Your tags are great, and I added one more customization to prevent errors by our shipping team... you can have it use a specific packing slip for the automation. So I made a packing slip that very clearly marks it as an in-store pickup. 

Cheers. That was an ongoing problem for us. 

1 Like