Using the Venture theme, trying to delete the vendor name from displaying in a specific collection.

Solved
Tourist
5 0 4

We are using the Venture theme. In collection 1, it is crucial to have the vendor name displayed, but for collection 2 it is not necessary to have the vendor name displayed and will confuse customers. Is it possible to delete the vendor name display from collection 2, but still have it display on collection 1? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

Hi AQF

I think a good way to make this work by adding a small snippet of code in your theme which I can help you out with. It would check the name of the collection and if it is the first collection, the vendor name will show, if it is any other collection then vendor name will hide.

Does that sound like it could work ok for you?

I'd be happy to request access to your store and give you a hand with it if you like? All I will need is your shop URL.

Josh

Joshua Sarros - Freelance Web Developer from Melbourne, Australia
joshuasarros@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Yes I think that would work out perfectly! The collection we want vendors to display in is the Fabric collection. We don't want it to display anywhere else!

URL: a-quilters-folly.myshopify.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

Hi again AQF!

Thanks for your shop URL, I have just sent a request to access it.

Which collection is it that you need to hide the name of?

Josh

joshuasarros@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

The collection we DO want the vendor to display in is the Fabric collection! Anywhere else, we want the vendor name to be hidden!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

Hi again AQF,

I just had another look at your store and made an update to a draft theme. You should be able to see change here: https://hekdz04leq0cpo6v-26476576791.shopifypreview.com/collections/frontpage

Please let me know if that's working as you want it to and I can help you move the update over to your live site.

For reference, the change I made in the theme was in the file called product-cart.liquid.

I changed one line from this:

{% if settings.product_vendor_enable %}

to this:

{% if settings.product_vendor_enable and collection.title != 'Fabric' %}

This change just checks the name of the collection and if it is 'Fabric' then the vendor name won't be displayed.

Let me know how you go with checking the update!

Josh

joshuasarros@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hey JoshuaSarros,

Unfortunately, I think there is a miscommunication.  The preview seems to show the fabric collection as having no vendor listed, while the notions section has the vendor listed. This is the reverse of what we wanted. We want the fabric collection to SHOW the vendor, but hide the vendor everywhere else.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

This is an accepted solution.

Hi AQF,

Really sorry about that! I misread your message.

I have just updated that draft theme, please let me know if that's working as you had hoped.

To fix this, I just changed one line of code from this:

{% if settings.product_vendor_enable and collection.title != 'Fabric' %}

to this:

{% if settings.product_vendor_enable and collection.title == 'Fabric' %}

The difference being that the vendor name will only show now if the name of the collection is 'Fabric'

Josh

joshuasarros@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hey Joshua Sarros,

This is absolutely perfect! You solved this so easily! We appreciate you so so much! We definitely want this change to go onto our Live website!

Thanks again!

A Quilter's Folly

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

My Pleasure! I'm glad it worked well for you.

Please feel free to get in touch any time (my email is below)!

Josh

joshuasarros@gmail.com
0 Likes