Vantage Theme - Unable to scroll when finger is on the product image (MOBILE)

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, i have just purchased Vantage theme recently , and i found an issue which is on Mobile version, im unable to scroll up or down when my finger is on the product image.

Anybody can help?

Thanks.

**If you dont understand what i say, please watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVswDc0vC6E

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1172 34 217

I checked your store on my iPhone 6 and it works like charm. 

Available for hiring. Reach me at lixon@ecommercestudio.in
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi were you able to fix the issue? I am having the same problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. Any solutions? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I had the same problem with a client's page, and the fix is quite simple, this will disable image zoom on mobile, but will do the trick. Just to be clear, the fix is not to disable image zoom, I didn't have image zoom enabled, but the fix will end up disabling it too.

What we need to do is to disable the image as a clickable element on mobile, so we just need to add this CSS code at the bottom of your stylesheet.css:

@media screen and (max-width: 500px) {
  #product-main-image { pointer-events: none; }
}

That's it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Diego can you tell me more precisely where to add the code?(style.css.liquid?)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi John, I no longer have access to a store with that theme but yes, style.css.liquid should work just fine. Different themes have different structures but we are basically looking for a CSS document and that one seems to be yours.

Another thing I should note is that themes get updated from time to time so this either might already been fixed, adapted or changed all together so let me know if you need any help and I'll take a look.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you for the quick answer, so unfortunately I am not able to solve these problem by myself but if you have time to help me I would be very thankfully (here is my shop: https://ganjamerchshop.de/ )

Best regardes

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

No problem, your theme is a little different but the code will be pretty much the same. Delete the previous code you added and put this instead:

@media screen and (max-width: 767px) {   

.elevatezoom_big_wrapper { pointer-events: none; } 

}

This will disable the popup you get when tapping on the image.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

cool it works, I am so happy, thank you a lot Diego, I was struggeling with this problem for days ????

0 Likes