Variant display highest price

Highlighted
2 0 0

I sell dice in sets and a la cart. The single dice cost $2 and the sets 11.95. I would like to show the price of the set on the main page instead of the lowest price, lest my customers feel they are being bait and switched. I have no idea how to do that. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
239 59 69

Hi @notashot,

I understand that you want to show the highest price on your main page, instead of the lowest price. I may be able to help you with this.

The solution is to edit your theme's files and swap some code.

The code you'll typically want to use is {{ product.price_max }}, in place of whatever code is currently being used by your theme.

The theme files that you want to edit depend on your theme. Usually you'll be changing files in the Sections and Snippets folders.

I know you want to change the pricing only on your main page, but you may have to change the code in multiple theme files, depending on how your theme is set up.

If you'd like to hire an expert to make the changes for you, I am happy to help you. You may also hire assistance in the Shopify Experts Marketplace.

Let me know if this answers your question or if you need further help.

Cheers!

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
239 59 69

@notashot 

Before you customize your theme:

• Duplicate your theme to create a backup copy. This makes it easy to discard your changes and start again if you need to.

Here's how to access your theme files:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Actions > Edit code.
    • The code editor shows a directory of theme files on the left, and a space to view and edit the files on the right.
    • When you click a file in the directory on the left, it opens in the code editor.
  3. Once you're done editing a file, click Save.

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

0 Likes