Variant images not changing when selected, and translation to ebay with ebaylink

Solved
Tourist
7 1 0

Hi there - I'm a beginner in Shopify and have a store with the Debut theme - and desperately need some help please.  I have also installed the ebay link app to have our products displayed on ebay.  I was told that to have the correct main image displayed in ebay I needed to remove the variant images in Shopify.  My store however has a problem in that the user cannot select an option from the drop-down when there are variants in a product. to see what their option looks like.

I have tried the "How to add a pick an option" instructions twice for my theme, and both times it did not work so have had to reverse the code I changed:  

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/variants/how-to-add-a-pick-an-option-to-dr...

So now most of the variant images appear to be working as expected in ebay (but not all), and none work in Shopify.  One example I just looked on ebay at has the same image for 11 variants, whereas another is displaying the correct images per variant. Very confusing.

Ideally our customers would be able to do the same thing in both Shopify and ebay but we don't know how to get this to work.  We think this is why we have been getting traffic and enquiries but no purchases because they can't select the option and see what it looks like.

Any help would be much appreciated, there doesn't appear to be any consistency!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 0

Any help would be appreciated - I can't get this shop to work properly for my customers.  Would I be better to switch to a different theme?  Is there a guaranteed theme that allows customers to select variants and see the images in both Shopify and in eBay?  Please help!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
112 9 23

I have no experience with ebay integrations, so can't help you there. As far as your products, have you created variants under your product listings page? When you create variants for them, you have an option to choose the corresponding photo. If that's there, then there may be a bug in your theme code. Try re uploading your theme again and publishing. 

I am a multi-disciplined web developer with years of experience working with several languages and frameworks.
0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
7 1 0

Thanks @cmartinez89  I will give that a go and see if it works.  I think the key issue for me is to get eBay images working correctly the variant images need to be removed from Shopify - but if I do that, the store website variant selection does not work.  I really need to find a solution that will work for both the store and eBay!  Thanks for your advice though, I'll try that as well.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. When you select a variant image, nothing comes up. I do have the variant images uploaded to correspond to the correct product in Shopify. Really need a solution! Thanks!

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi,

Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I'm facing the same issue.

Thanks

0 Likes