Variant picture doesn't change variant choice

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
43 1 2

I have a product with 9 variants.  I have a picture for each variant.  When you chose an item from the drop down menu the picture changes to that choice.  But if you click on the variant picture, the name in the drop down menu doesn't change to the corresponding choice.

So if you chose "Lavender" from the drop down menu the picture of lavender is enlarged.  But if you choose the picture of lavender instead, the selection in the drop down menu is whatever you last chose, it doesn't automatically change it to lavender.

How to I make it so that choosing a pictures brings up the correct drop down item?

Theme: Debut

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 28 71

Hi, @bbuchler 

Elle here from Shopify. 

Most themes update the main image when a variant with an image is selected. The update never happens in both directions though, because having a change of the main image automatically update a variant selection might confuse shoppers into adding the wrong variant to the cart. With that said, you can follow the steps below to implement the feature of selecting variants by clicking their images: 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
43 1 2

Thank you so much, that worked great.

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 28 71

You're very welcome, @bbuchler !

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Thank you that worked great!

1 Like