Variants not updating

Highlighted
3 0 0

Im looking for some help on my variants not updating. I have reached out to theme support who said it wasn't there issue and I have reached out to bold who also claims it isn't their issue. 

When selecting the first variant it's not updating to options that go that. Example is selling different sizes and quantities, selling a smaller size I offer in higher quantities, but larger size I do not. Here is link for example. 6" variant only goes to 100, yet shows options for higher counts and price shows same as 100.

https://buttonsonline.myshopify.com/collections/political-campaign-templates/products/political-camp...

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
132 14 19

Hey, @adamratliff!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Sounds like there might be some code in the theme you're using that is preventing from unavailable product variants from showing up as unavailable.

Normally when a combination of variants is selected the Add to Cart button should show up as "unavailable", kind of like this:

alt

From first glances in the link you attached, it appears that you might be using a third-party or custom theme. It doesn't appear to be a Bold created theme nor a Shopify created theme. The developers for that theme will be the best place to ask for some corrections. If you're not sure who the developers of your theme are or you don't have a developer on staff that manages your site, you can follow the below steps to see who it created it:

1. Head into Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click on Customize.
  3. Once the editor loads up, on the left side where the sections are click on Theme Settings.
  4. Scroll to the bottom and it will tell you the theme name, version, and the developer.

That said, I do have a couple of options you can try if you'd like to DIY a solution for it.

If you're comfortable with coding HTML/CSS/Liquid you can definitely use our tutorial on hiding unavailable/sold out variants. There's also a pretty cool tutorial on how to link product options as well to accomplish a similar result.

Alternatively, the other option is to hire a fantastic Expert to help you add the code needed in your theme.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes