Variants without adding inventory

haretsubeng
1 0 0

Same boat as everyone here.

I want to use inventory tracking. One of the reasons I chose shopify.
I had to disable inventory tracking for all products, and we haven't even launched yet!

We make vape juice or e-liquid to order.

The only ingredient that determines if we can manufacture the product or not, is the actual flavour concentrate. How much we have, determines how many bottles we can make.

But, for every bottle, our customers can choose 9 nicotine strengths, 4 ice/cooling strengths, 2 flavour strengths and 2 sweetness strengths. 144 variants on one flavour. And we're launching with 38 flavours.

Please fix this so we can choose to create a product with options, rather than variants.

For me at least it's work the same, except no extra inventory items will get created. A bottle of Green Apple E-liquid, is just one bottle that can be manufactured, and stock tracked. Not 144 bottles.
I had to reduce nic choices, and combine flavour and sweetness already to fit in the 3 variants and 100 limitations.

0 Likes
naturasophia
2 0 0

Completely agree! 

0 Likes
naturasophia
2 0 0

Hi Miles, 

Have there been any updates on this from the development team?

I sell handmade products, and I would like two variants for packaging without changing inventory as it is simply packaging and not a different product.

It is regrettable, and disappointing Shopify does not offer this a basic feature considering the higher fees than other platforms. 

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thank you,

Sophia

0 Likes
Edvee
1 0 0

Hi Miles, hope all is well.

I sell roasted coffee beans and I have a similar concern on adding a variant that does not entail us to add an inventory on the backend. We just wanted to monitor certain variants, in this matter, the weight since they are pre-bagged.  

In the photo below, we wanted to remove the variants inventory on the backend but still letting the customer choose their preferred grind size. 

Hoping there is a solution for this one. Your reply is highly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 3.31.39 PM.png

0 Likes
Colebjewelry
1 0 0

I am in the same boat as everyone else. Trying to switch from Etsy, but without this we will be looking elsewhere. We sell jewelry and allow customers to personalize their items. We want to put the availability on the item, not the variations.

0 Likes
origo
2 0 0

One more vote! We are an artisanal bakery and would like to offer the option to purchase our breads sliced or not sliced. Pretty basic need, no? 

0 Likes