5 0 0
I would suggest infinite options,
they have been great for me- they don’t affect inventory and they have a
lot of options however they are $6.99 a month but worth for the things i
needed
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I completely agree. I am trying to transition away from Etsy also and this won't work for me. I make everything that is ordered after the order is placed, and I need to be able to offer a color option and a size option, when I imported from Etsy on just one of my products it said there were 500 variants. This is some pretty basic functionality for anyone who isn't just reselling stuff from China. How is this not a base option? And $6/month to add something that should be there in the first place is insulting. I started building my own Woocommerce store and I think that's what I will go back to. I just can't wrap my brain around a platform that works like this. I guess I have to stick with Etsy for a while longer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
I will say the $6 is cheaper than the ridiculous fees that Etsy charge, but
i completely agree with you this is a BASIC function they should have a
literally don’t understand it
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
157 16 30

Hi, Everyone!

@vcm2019 @FeatheredFoxDen @LindaOla @makersunion @retunedjewelry @C-Unlucky @Emiriitheartist @Kelly1914 @Tenthrow @avidartistry

Thank you for sharing your experiences and examples. It looks like this is a really important feature that you need Shopify to provide. I have added all of your comments to our feature request for this, which is being reviewed by our development team. A feature request is exactly that; a request for a feature that's not currently available. It's important to note this does not guarantee that this feature will be implemented, but it is a way for us to let our team now what features our merchants are looking for.

Shopify prides itself of making commerce better for everyone. We know that merchants who use Shopify range from first-timers to those who have been in this industry for years. We try to find the perfect balance so that new merchants have everything they need to get started, while more established merchants can also get their hands on new and exciting features. We need to make sure we have that balance right so we don't overwhelm the platform and the users. We're always looking to expand and we take on each and every bit of feedback, along with any feature requests, on board.

Thanks again for letting us know what you need. As mentioned, I've added all your examples to our request on behalf of you all.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
157 16 30

@Dhyana @ScrollandInk @frecklednorse

Please see above post RE: Variants without adding inventory.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

RetunedJewelry...

can I ask which app you’re using?  I can’t find one. 

thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Infinite options (the blue one)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am also in need of this feature (another convert from Etsy)!

My example:  I sell artwork.  Unique pieces of art can be finished in varying ways, with each finish type having its own cost.  I would like to offer the customer a choice between finishes at different price points, but only have ONE unique artwork item in inventory, which is gone when the product sells (regardless of finish type chosen).

I have no way to do this now, and it's frustrating.

Kindly,

Sacheen

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

@Miles You can add me to the list of folks requesting this functionality.  

0 Likes