Variants

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, 

Is there a way to show each variant as an individual item in a collection without duplicating?  I want to show an item which will then show variants but I also want each variant to show up in the main collection without duplicating stock quantities?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1426 193 476

This is an accepted solution.

No way to do it out of the box, unless your theme was developed with the option on the collection-template -- which I doubt. The best way to do this I think would be to show your variant options underneath your collection so that users can select them, and swap out the info. This all would require quite a bit of custom code though.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ninthony, I can't send a private message...how can I get in contact with you?

0 Likes
Pathfinder
97 6 7

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @HM4452 

Ultimate Filter & Search app https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-search-and-filter-1 has the feature to display variant as separate products on Collection and Search results page. Demo store: https://usf-horizontal.myshopify.com/collections/shirts

A well-designed site search and product filtering with advanced features such as instant search, typo tolerance, multi-filter selection, merchandising tools can help you improve user experience, reduce bounce rate, and increase conversions. You can duplicate the live theme and set up the widget into the copied one. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Shopify team this is a very basic and fundamental feature of eCommerce, you should really incorporate this into the feature set and not make customers pay for apps to achieve this. It's important for merchandising and allowing customers to see variants like color listed in the collection individually but if they click on the product and decide they want the different color they can easily select it from the drop down instead of going back and forth to collection. If you want to be a true world class platform then add this to your feature set. 

I would have thought just duplicating the product and reordering the variants default color would solve it, but no, it does not do that because the inventory is completely different per product page even if I use the same exact variant sku. 

0 Likes