Variants

RMC1
Excursionist
12 0 4

Hello,

I'm using the Express Theme for my shop. My product inventory is increasing and instead of showing each product on its own I would like to add variants. For example I have a product that has 3 different sizes and multiple color options. What I'm looking for specifically is when I'm in the shop and select for example a medium size, color blue product it would show the variant image that I have added for this product. It doesn't do this, ALL the variant images are showing on the side so how will my customers know which of the images is related to that specific variant? Is there a solution for this or is it because it's a free template it doesn't offer that option? Thank you.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
13991 1634 5025

@RMC1 

Sorry for facing this issue, it's my pleasure to help us.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
RMC1
Excursionist
12 0 4
Hello,

Thank you. The url is www.rubbermatsco.ca. I have removed the variants for
now however as it wasn't working the way I was hoping it to work.
0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
13991 1634 5025

sorry i can't see any issue

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
RMC1
Excursionist
12 0 4
Hello,

There's nothing to really see at this point of time as I removed the
variants because it wasn't working the way I was hoping for.
Are you able to answer the following question. When selecting a variant is
it supposed to show only the variant photo saved under that specific
variant? When I added 3 different variants to the site, then went to select
one of them it kept showing all the variant photos on the side, and not
only selected variant photo.
0 Likes
RMC1
Excursionist
12 0 4

Hello, I still haven't received a solution for this. Is someone able to assist? Thank you.

0 Likes
eastwood
Tourist
7 0 1

After you add your variants, in the product editting page, you'll be able to modify each specific variant about half way down the page. Next to the title, you'll have the option to add (or select a previous image you have uploaded for the product) for that specific variant. So when a customer clicks on that variant, that photo will show. 

Here's a before and after:

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.46.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.49.04 PM.png

0 Likes
RMC1
Excursionist
12 0 4

This is what I did but it still didn't work. I clicked on the specific variant but it would show all the variant photos. I just added a few examples for you to look at on our site and made them active (https://rubbermatsco.ca/collections/all/products/doggy-bone). Please advise after you have reviewed the link so I can remove them as I've only added them for you to review. Below is also a screenshot from the backend. I must be missing something... Thank you.

RMC1_0-1612469466668.png

0 Likes
RMC1
Excursionist
12 0 4

Hello, further to my above message - I have activated the Doggy Bone product again however I don't want to keep it visible on our site for too long. Please let me know if you can assist with it. Thank you!

0 Likes
RMC1
Excursionist
12 0 4

Hello! Is someone able to assist with this? I desperately need to get the products online. Thank you.

0 Likes