Varient option box

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 4

Is there a way to make the text in the variant options box fill the box out more? Right now there is too much space, making the font bigger makes the box bigger. I am using the Booklyn theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

Hi Wedge,

That should be possible for sure. Could you post a screenshot or link to the page so that I can have a look and help you out?

You may need to make an update to the theme itself but I should be able to tell you more once I can see it.

Josh

Joshua Sarros - Freelance Web Developer from Melbourne, Australia
joshuasarros@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 4
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

Hi Wedge,

Thanks for that.

Are you looking mostly at the Hardware option? I just had a bit of a look and it will depend on exactly how you would like it to look. We should be able to make the box a bit less wide if you like, but that would mean if you select the 'Antique Brass' option, some of the 'Brass' word would be cut off.

If you could explain or do a bit of a sketch of how you would like it to look I might be able to help you out.

Josh

joshuasarros@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 4

I'm not too worried about making it narrower but reducing the space above and below the word.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

This is an accepted solution.

I see what you mean now!

I just wrote up a bit of code reduce spacing, are you comfortable to add it into your theme? You can add this into a file called theme.liquid, and add it in at the bottom of the file, just before the line the has '</body>'

<style type="text/css">
    #shopify-section-product-template select {
      padding-top: 0px;
      padding-bottom: 0px;
    }
  </style>

Hopefully that works, please let me know how you go. If you need a hand editing your theme let me know and I can request access to your store.

Josh.

joshuasarros@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 4

I got it! thank you a ton.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 4

Hi there!

So added some new varient boxes and for some reason they are bigger than the other ones, Can i make them all the same size? https://wedgedogcollection.com/collections/collars/products/tusk

0 Likes