Venture Homepage - How to make the Collection List Photo/Link bigger

Highlighted
Excursionist
50 0 2

Hiya, 

Does anybody know how to make the collection list photos bigger please? 

Im using venture. My website is www.devti.co.uk

Thanks so much

Aneesha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 72

Hello! 

Ren here from the Shopify support team, here to help out. 

Here's a simple trick to making the Collection List photos bigger on the Venture theme. For example, let's say you want to show 4 collections in total. Head into your theme editor by clicking Online Store > Themes > Customize. On the left, set up 2 or more Collection List sections one after the other like so: 
Each Collection List section should contain no more than 2 Collections as the images get smaller the more you add in each section. Toggle "Use Secondary Image Layout" to determine which layout looks better and bigger with your selections: 

Now instead of one Collection List with 3 collections, you'll want to set up two Collection Lists with 2 collections each. The  result should give you significantly larger images. Here's a video comparison of the size differences.

Let me know if that works for you! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
50 0 2

hiya, 

Thanks for this

It sort-of works...the images are bigger but they are different sizes (I imagine because of how they have been uploaded). 

They are also still smaller than I wanted - again, maybe because of the photos I have uploaded?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1285 75 156

Dear Aneesha1,

We have gone through your site. Can you please say is your site under construction? because images are very big in home page.

Regarding your query, Our Shopify experts will provide you the solutions.

Please create your task here: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Setup Shopify Store @ 129 USD
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 72

Hey, again! 

Sounds like you'll want to utilize an image re-sizer to get them all the same size and then see how everything looks. 

Check out Shopify's free image re-sizer tool here. Which allows you to upload, resize and generate up to 6 images at a time. If you're looking for something a little more robust and efficient, check out the app Photo Resize. It runs in the background to resize your images for you and the first 50 images are free to resize! Definitely worth a shot to achieve a seamless look across all of your images. 

Let me know how that works out for you! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
50 0 2
Perfect! Thank you!
0 Likes