Venture Theme Announcement Bar Missing! Help!

Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

The announcement bar in my Venture theme shows on the customize theme page but not on preview.

Any ideas why this is or where the code is so that I can check it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi Nancy!

Katy here from Shopify.  Thanks for reaching out.

That sounds interesting. To test this, could I ask you to toggle the announcements bar on/off within the theme customizer (admin > online store > themes > customize theme) ensuring to click save one you have done so?

It also may be a case of the bar being a similar color to you theme's header. To check on this could you go to the 'Themes settings' section within your customizer and head to colors >  'buttons, links and promotions' bar selecting a different color here to test it out. 

If this does not do the trick, do let me know and I can email you so that we can verify your details and take a closer look. 

Thanks!

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi, I am a new user who has a Venture theme and the same thing just happened to me. I checked all of the suggestions you gave to the first person who queried and it did not solve the problem. I had it for a few weeks until I clicked the x on the bar to see what it did; it made it disappear. Surprise! I went back in custom to add it back on and it shows as still being there. I have tried actually taking it out and adding it again from there but it will not show back up on my live version. Can you help me please?

Sheila Witt

Wittitudes Shoppe USA 

0 Likes

I am having the same issue. Once you click on the "x" it seems to disappear forever...

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hello,
Did anyone find a solution ?
I'm not used to code, I changed header.liquid to center the logo on my homepage and since then the announcement bar disappeared.

I tried show/not show, colors etc but still no trace of the bar.
Can you help me ? Thks
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

Clear your cookies, that should do the trick....

0 Likes