Venture Theme Drop Down Menu Cuts Image

12 0 0

I know the title doesn't make any sense but here's what happens... If you are familiar with the Venture theme the Menu buttons on top also display the first 4 items featured in the relevant collection aside from the sub-menus. I have started building my site and added 2 random item drafts to check how it works... but, it doesn't. The pictures in menus somehow get cut almost in half. Like this:

You can access the store with this password to see it for yourself: clahbu

That t-shirt you see is uploaded directly by printlful. So I thought there was something wrong and contacted the support but I was told there is nothing wrong and the theme needs a specific image dimension depending on the number of sub-menus I will use and so... Although I had this problem with single sub-menu (where it might be tight for the picture), I am also having it with 7 sub-menus. Anyhow... I guess we can say that Venture is not fully compatible with printful. Support said that this would be adjusted to my shop if I became the paid customer. Well, yes I am intending to, but I still believe that this should have been fixed already, so that I can get a glance of what my final site will look like. Isn't the trial period about this afterall? But I guess I won't be getting that... :) It is probably a few number adjustments in the code and viola! So, is there anybody to help me, and point out where to be screwing with?

I love this design... It looks way better than any other free solution shopify's competitors offer, but with this problem, and some codes such as limiter not working, not being able to set shipping prices per item and so on, it has started to become a pain in the ass overall. I am not sure if I would go with shopify still, if they didn't have their connections with payment gateways such as skrill.

0 Likes
12 0 0

nobody here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1925 0 352

Open Assets/theme.scss.liquid.  Look for the block of code below (around Line 3168).  Try changing the display property to "inline-block".

/*================ Product cards ================*/
.product-card {
  position: relative;
  display: block;           // Change to "inline-block"

1 Like
12 0 0

That worked like a charm! Thank you

0 Likes
12 0 0

Oh and I should say... I contacted the shopify support for this problem. Afterall, this is a free theme, and probably should be supported right? Wrong! They told me that this was something to do with the image sizes uploaded and the dimensions should be tweaked BUT there is no regular size on that also, so they could not say a strict dimension for it, only could help me when I pay my first monthly payment during my ''1 hour of free design'' time I get... Only then they said they could tweak the site up for me and my uploaded images. I just don't know what to say. It was a single word I was suppose to add, and they probably didn't even know what was wrong at first place. Great support shopify...!

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks a millon times. Venture is a wonderful theme, but it doesn't have the proper support though.

0 Likes