Venture Theme - Header Customization

chrispund
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

I am using the Venture Theme for my store and it has been great to customize so far. I have a couple things I would like to do that I havent seen in other forum posts about customizing it. Although there have been some helpful ones and great answers that allowed me to do other things!

1) How can I make the logo/header image stretch to the full width of the site rather than stopping short?

Capture.JPG

2) Can I change the background color of where the header image/logo is separately/independently from the background color of the main menu? I'd like to make the logo area background white instead of blue.

3) Can I customize/reduce the size of the slideshow? It is stretching the images to be so large that the slideshow takes up the majority of the screen space on a desktop. Is there somewhere in the code to adjust the slider size settings?

Thank you all so much for your help and responses!!!!

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
20430 2114 7676

Hello, @chrispund 

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

It can be done by doing some code customization. please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
chrispund
Tourist
4 0 1

Its up at https://thegearhouse.com/. I had it just as a draft but went ahead and published it so you could see it.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
20430 2114 7676

Thanks for sharing the URL.
It can be done by doing some code customization. please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
MatthewFlood
1 0 1

Hi there ChrisPund,

Did you ever manage to get an answer or solution to your issue?

I have just wasted several hours of my time trying to do exactly what you were trying to achieve, read many supposed solutions, edited my sccs code, made duplicates, blah blah blah!

Bloody annoying and a shocking waste of time!

So annoying as my slide show worked the first time and like a charm, this header nonsense is just that, can't understand why there isn't just some kind of scaleable features that can be deployed.

Any help, from you, or anyone else out there would be greatly appreciated

p.s. so as not to waste anyone's time I have tried changing the size in edit header photo custom pixel width (why on earth does that not do what it says), tried editing code to make it a custom 200% width, tried doubling the pixel width, now sat at over 5000 just in case!

Omni
Tourist
9 0 7

Please I am struggling with this same issue I am not able to make my banner fill in the entirety of the header section on my shopify site, I have tried to play around with the pixel width of the header but for some reason it gets to a certain point and then it no longer increases in size from there. I just want it to fill the top part and have the menu navigation buttons below it. If you could please help me I would really appreciate this.

Thank you.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
20430 2114 7676

@Omni 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

0 Likes
Omni
Tourist
9 0 7

The site URL is omnidrips.com , please if you could help me out ASAP as I have been stuck on this exact same issue for more than a week now and I am unable to find a solution. 

Thank you.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
20430 2114 7676

@Omni 

sorry for that issue 

do you have like this?

KetanKumar_0-1623773577108.png

0 Likes
Omni
Tourist
9 0 7

No for me it comes up like this I have attached a screenshot below. Please let me know how to make the purple banner fit the entire black area.

omnidrips.png