Venture Theme - Hero image on different size screens

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

Hi,

I would like to keep my hero image on my website the same size and layout across all screen sizes. I am using Venture Theme and my url is danyulstoner.shop with the password, "Editpermission111". If you have a look, the hero image which can be viewed in inspect element, and change the screen size (only works on chrome).

Thanks,

Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 62 124

Hi there @danielshub!

Don here from Shopify.

Due to how these hero image slideshows are coded, it would not be possible to keep the same sized image across different screen sizes.

Rather, these images will be cropped according to the size of the device they are being used on (as you have no doubt seen).

This is an inherent part of hose sections like this work and is not something editable.

You can get a bit more info on this here in the Venture theme manual, and you can check out the best practices for working with slideshow images here.

There's even more info here on our blog site on how you can work with this aspect of slideshow images best for your store.

Check out the resources shared above and think about which image you might use and how you can best position it.

I'd also advise you to test this out yourself by using multiple screen sizes (or by changing the screen size in inspect mode in Chrome) to see how your chosen image will appear in different size and positioning combinations.

Would you still be setting up your store here, or have you been launched already?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes