Venture Theme Nav

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey everyone,

I'm using the Venture theme for my new shop and ran into something that is a little annoying. In the navigation, if you are using a drop down menu, you can click on the main link and it will drop down the menu. In order to have the drop down go away, you need to click off of it and anywhere on the page. However, if you click on the main link that you just clicked on to open up the drop down, it takes you to that page.

Does anyone know how to customize the menu so that you can click on the main menu link to have the drop down close? Here is a perfect example of how I would like the menu to function: http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
189 0 20

Hello Mirash,

Keegan here from the Shopify Guru team.

That totally sounds like something our theme support team may be able to assist with, I'm going to send you a private email with more information on how we can process that request for free. :)

Keep an eye out - talk soon!

1 Like
Highlighted
Astronaut
1890 1 431

Be sure to back up your theme before making any changes.

Open Assets/theme.js.liquid.  Look for (around Line 698):

// Navigate to link href or close menu if already active
    if ($el.hasClass(this.config.activeClass)) {
      if ($el.is('a')) {
        return window.location = $el.attr('href');
      } else {
        // It is active but has no link. Close just that meganav
        return this.close(evt, $el);
      }
    }

Change it to:

// Navigate to link href or close menu if already active
    if ($el.hasClass(this.config.activeClass)) {

/* Go to linked URL if meganav is already open.

if ($el.is('a')) {
        return window.location = $el.attr('href');
      } else {
        // It is active but has no link. Close just that meganav
      }

*/

}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Keegan T,

I am experiencing the same issue as Mirash. Can you please advise?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Guys, In venture theme, I'm struggling with the same issue however, on mobile.

In the hamburgur Navigation Menu, there is a small "+" icon with main link, now in order to open the dropdown sub-menu we need to click the only + button. However if we click on the main link, it takes me to that page.

I'll really appreciate any help regarding this issue, have tried doing many changes in the code although could not find the resolution. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I also need to know how to change the product page description and why this description does not change when I press Ctrl+u  and there is no change in the meta description of the prodUct. Wher I need to target the keyword. Here is my shop reptile supplies & products.

0 Likes