Venture Theme - Products Instead of Collections

4 0 0

Hello, I'm using the boxer version of the Venture theme, and on the homepage, it displays 3 collections by default.  Is there any way I can set these to just products instead of collections because when someone clicks them, I don't want them to be redirected to the collection page, I just want to showcase one product and if they click it, they can add it to cart etc.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 71

Hey, Brendan!

You can do this by clicking the "Add a section" option in your theme customizer. From the corresponding list, select the "Featured Collection" option and it will allow you to feature individual products from a collection on the home page. I would suggest creating a home page specific collection (eg., "Hot Products") and then linking to it. Does that make sense? 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
4 0 0

Great, thank you so much!  It now looks like the image I attached below.  Am I able to get rid of the far left part where it says to view all products?  I just want about 3 products there and don't want the option to see them all in a collection because it's not really needed for only 3 products.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 71

Hey, Brendan! 

You can wrap some comment tags around line 37 of your featured-products.liquid (located in the sections folder). It should look like this: 

{% comment %} <p class="collection-card__subtext">{{ 'collections.general.view_all' | t }}</p> {% endcomment %}

Let me know how that works :) 

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
4 0 0

It now says "Homepage Products" and I can still click on it to see all 3 items.

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 2

Hi Savannah i have tried to comment out that line 37 but nothing happened. I am looking for exactly the same thing as Bendan. I would like to completly remove the big "Collection Title" in the far left of the featured section for the venture theme.

Pease help.

test
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 71

Hey, Tom!

Savannah here again.

Sometimes, the code can be in a separate spot due, depending on what's been added or removed in your theme's coding. 

Have you tried doing a CMD + F or CNTRL + F search for

<p class="collection-card__subtext"> 

Let me know if you're able to find that!

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am trying to do the exact same thing - I have tried commenting out that line - and searched and found another line the same - and commented out that one too.

It makes no difference. I have even tried deleting those lines. Still there is the title picture for the collection present.

What can I do?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello!
I'm trying to do the same thing.
Is the any ways to remove this image and big title of collection?

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hey Alex, I found a way.... can’t remember off top of my head but I can double check tomorrow. It was to do with altering the html and removing a section of code.... I’ll try and find the link I got it off. It is definitely possible though

Chris
0 Likes