Venture Theme RTL (arabic) Banners

2 0 0

Hello, 

I am building store to Arabic region with Venture theme that i have used before.

I changed the text to RTL in theme.liquid

<html class="no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}" dir="rtl">

Otherwise it works, but after adding the code the  changing Banner slideshow images disapperared. (just black background)

Can someone help me out? I found that someone earlier suggested below --> BUT it won´t work

Adding  theme.liquid and place the below code above the <head>

<!doctype html>
<!--[if IE 9]> <html class="ie9 no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--> <html class="no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}" dir="rtl"> <!--<![endif]-->

And save

Can someone help me out? It would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 106

Hey, @Mika80 !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and welcome to our Community here.

Thanks so much for providing the code that you have, and the name of your theme.

Adding R-L functionality is different depending on the theme you are using. However, usually you can add this via your theme's CSS file (Admin > Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code > Assets > theme.scss.liquid). When making changes to this file, I always suggest to first test out in a duplicate version of your theme.

For the Venture theme specifically, the following code can be placed at the very bottom of this main style sheet:

html {
direction: rtl;
}
.slick-list {
direction: ltr;
}

I do however understand that you have added some separate code. If you would like for our Theme support to look into this with you they can do so as part of your free design time.

I have sent you an email to verify your details, do please reply to me when you can and we can take a closer look.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you specify  where this code should be placed exactly?

For the Venture theme specifically, the following code can be placed at
the very bottom of this main style sheet:

html { direction: rtl; } .slick-list { direction: ltr; }

You can also let your Theme support to look into this :) That would be
higly appreciated!

BR, Mika Malinen
+358503403147
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 106

Thanks for getting back to me, @Mika80!

This would usually be placed at the very bottom of your CSS file (theme.scss.liquid). Though if you have already made some adjustments, it may be best to have our internal team take a look. I'd be happy to pass this through to them, for sure. If you could reply to the email I sent you we can arrange this. 

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
2 0 0

HI Katy, I'm using the Debut theme and needing some support for Arabic RTL switching. Is that theme a Shopify official one that your team can support me with? If not, are there any partners you can recommend?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 106

Hi, @MichalH !

Thanks so much for joining in here. Yes, Debut is one of our Shopify-built themes. All of the free themes from our Theme store are built and managed by our internal teams. These include the free 60 minute design time once you are on a paid plan.

If you'd like some help setting your store as R-L, we can indeed help you with this. I have sent you an email to help set this up. Do please reply to me when you can. 

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes