Venture Theme Title Font

Jeff_Lee
36 0 0

Hi,

Is there a way of changing the font for the title of collections, seems there is for descriptions. Bit surprised this obvious element isn't part of customization, but would be grateful if anyone knows.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey, Jeff!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. 

The collection titles are changed using the overall heading controls in your theme editor, but if you'd like to specifically change those titles, we can do that through some HTML/CSS reworking. Here's how: 

• Navigate to Online Store>Themes and select "Edit HTML/CSS" from the Actions menu on Venture. 
  • Once there, select your collection.liquid from the Templates folder in your theme files. 
  • Find line 7 and wrap {% comment %} tags around the H1 settings to hide it 
  • Below that, paste this code:     
 <h1 style= "font-family: verdana; color: pink; text-transform: none;" >
  • and put an </h1> code to close the tag on line 8 behind the  {{ collection.title }} bit. 

It should all look like this. Of course, you can change the font family and color settings to adjust to your own preferences. The text-transform part just tells the code not to capitalize every letter. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Jeff_Lee
36 0 0

Thanks Savannah, I'll give that a go, just want to change the font size so assuming I just change the h1 to h2 or whatever ?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey, Jeff!

In that case, you'd enter this code instead:

<h1 style= "font-size: 18px;" >

You can play around that that number to increase or decrease. :) 

Savannah

0 Likes
Jeff_Lee
36 0 0

Thanks Savannah

0 Likes
Yash_Bhandari
1 0 0

Hi Savannah and Jeff, I am also using venture theme. But I am unable to figure out how to change the description fonts. Could you help me?

0 Likes
fitness01
3 0 0

Bonjour 

j'ai essayé cette méthode mais rien n as changé. Je peux avoir de l'aide de votre part, je suis sur le thème venture, et mon objectif c’est de mettre les titres de mes collections en h2 et les titres de mes produits en h3. Merci

0 Likes