Venture Theme shows mobile menu on desktop

4 0 0

Hi, 

I am using the venture theme on this site: https://fssportinggoods.com/

When the site is loaded for the first time, it displays the mobile (hamburger) menu even though I am viewing it on a desktop browser. As soon as I refresh the home page or go to another interior page, the full menu shows up. At first, I thought it was because I had too many menu items or the text was too large. However, after playing with both of those settings, I found that it didn't make a difference. 

This issue only shows up when you first visit the site. I can replicate it by clearing my cache and then revisiting the site. The problem shows up on Google Chrome and Firefox but not in IE. This seems like a bug. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Having the same issue. Would appreciate some help

0 Likes
3 0 0

I'm still having this issue. I have looked on your store and cannot recreate the issue. How did you manage to fix it? Thanks

0 Likes
4 0 0

I worked with Shopify support on this. They were able to fix it. Here is what they said the did to fix it.....

The code changes I made are at lines 6546 to 6562 in the theme.scss file, and at lines 153 and 207 in the header.liquid file.

Changes to the theme.scss file:

.nav-bar .page-width, .site-header .page-width {
  max-width: 1180px;
}

.nav-bar .hide-grid-item {
  display: none; 
}

.site-nav__link {
  padding: 20px 12px;
}

.site-nav__link:first-of-type {
 padding-left: 20px; 
}

Changes to the header.liquid file:

Line 153:

<div class="grid__item {% if shop.customer_accounts_enabled %}four-fifths{% endif %}" id="SiteNavParent">

Line 207:

<div class="grid__item {% if shop.customer_accounts_enabled %}one-fifth{% else%}hide-grid-item{% endif %} text-right">

0 Likes
2 0 0

@ten80north 

didn't work for me :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@sampan wrote:

@ten80north 

didn't work for me :(

I recommend submitting a ticket or a chat with Shopify support on this. They were very good about getting back to me with a solution. The template may have changed since I worked on it or you may be implementing the code incorrectly. They should be able to help. :)

0 Likes
2 0 0
@ten80north

I chose to 'remove space' for Buttons & Nav Text in Theme Customizer and
that fixed it.
0 Likes