Venture theme - Banner Width isn't responsive

3 0 0

Hi,

I just started a store www.staynstore.com with Shopify, with shopify but i need to get some help to edit some portions of the theme i'm currently using VENTURE. 

Following are the issues i need to resolve by getting into the coding. And i don't know which file to go into and edit which portion and what to edit.

1. On desktop, my banner image size is alright, but on mobile its not showing the side portions (left and right) of the banner. I'm attaching the screen shot. Please let me know how can i make the banner responsive.

<<  This image is for my first questions.

2. I want to add social icons both in the header and in footer as well. Also, i want to add some text in the header. I really tried to do that but still i can't find exact relative file/Section to edited or what to edit. Please have a look at it as well and let me know. I'm sharing the screen shots of the area where i want the icons and text to put.

These are the screen shots. Please help me out anyone in this as soon as you can.

Thank you So much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
475 27 67

Hey, Shoaib. 

Dallas here from Shopify's Social Care team.

I would be happy to help you clarify why your mobile image is a little cropped. The reason would be because of the Aspect Ratio. The images on the desktop version of your site are set to be viewed horizontally, but the images on your mobile are set to be viewed vertically. As you can see in the example below.  

When a site is viewed on a mobile, the entire desktop web structure is adjusted and the image will be cropped to fit the aspect ratio of the mobile. The photo is cropped so the aspect ratio of the horizontal photo will fit the aspect ratio for the mobile phone. Just like the edited image I have attached.

If all the pixels that make up the image were to show on the mobile image all the pixels in the area that has been crossed out with pink will have to fit into the pink rectangle box. That would make your image look squished and unnatural. 

_________

For your second question in regards to the social media icons you will want to go to your Theme Customizer ( Online Store > Themes > Customize in your Store Admin) and make sure that the 'Follow Us' section is enabled in your footer. That can be done by clicking on Footer > Add Section > Social Accounts. Then you will have to go into the Theme Settings and connect the links to the social media outlets that you want to use. 

For your third and final question about the logo, since you are using a Shopify Supported theme our themes team would be happy to look into adding a logo for you. If you email our support at support@shopify.com from the account owner on file they will be able to send that on to our themes department. 

I hope this helps to answer all of your questions! Our support is available 24/7, so feel free to call or chat with us at any time. 

Cheers,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hey,

Thank you for your explanation on the first question. I figured out this problem and resolved it successfully, thank you.

But as you explained in your second answer """Then you will have to go into the ThemeSettings and connect the links to the social media outlets that you want to use."""  i can't figure out where should i go in my theme settings to connect the links for the social media icons ? 

For the third answer - Thank you, i will reach them for this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
475 27 67

Hey, Shoaib. 

To get to the social icon links you will want to go into your Store Admin and click on Online Store >  Themes > Customize. From there you will be brought to your theme editor. 

Once you are in there you will need to select Theme Settings > Social Media. 

This will bring you to the list of all of the social links that you are able to put in your store.

I hope this helps to clarify. If you have any further questions, let me know! 

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you so much.

0 Likes