Venture theme - increase size of featured image

Solved
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello

I'm looking to increase the height of the featured image on the product images so it displays a larger image.  

Here is a link to my site product page as reference - https://bemmie.co.uk/collections/bristol-print/products/bristol-england-print

There seems to be a set height for the featured image container (but I can't find it anywhere) whereby a portrait image - the first image in the reference, displays are a reduced height to fit the container whereas a landscape - the second image in the reference, displays at full width because its not as high.  As the images are prints, need the first image to display as large as possible to showcase the print.  Ideally the first image would be the same width as the second image, but displayed at its full height instead of reducing to fit into the container.

I found these other treads ( https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Increase-Size-Of-Featured-Image-Venture-Theme/td-p/51... ) and ( https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Venture-Theme-Featured-Product-Image-Too-Small/td-p/4... ) on how to do this, however I've tried both solutions and neither works. I'm lost on what to do.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Robin 

0 Likes

Hello ,
Is this your site or this is a reference site. If not also please share your site URL.
 https://bemmie.co.uk/collections/bristol-print/products/bristol-england-print

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

This is my site.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers

0 Likes

Hello,
To increase the size of feature image can distraught your product featured image, its not good for site.
But you can do changes on section like this ..
bemmie.jpg

Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks.  Does that mean can't increase the featured image height on the product page using the Venture theme?

0 Likes

Yes it is not possible to increase height of image. Do you want to cover this white space?
you can make description full width as well.
bemmie2.jpg

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Shame.  Seems a bit odd that theme built that way as there is so much space below the featured image.  Seems like it would make sense to have a set width and full height image - shame.

Thats ok about the description, just want a large image height.  Many thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Yeah but we can customize it....
It looks also nice when you make description full width.

bemmie 3.jpg

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Yeah, it works.  As I'm selling prints, just really need to showcase the visual larger so people can see it better really without the extra click.  Don't might description on side if I can't do that.  

Thanks for all your help.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
100 20 17

Yes, Increase the size of feature image. But for this you have to change the position of thumbnails from left to bottom

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: codecorneres@gmail.com
0 Likes