Vertical product image fix?

Olivia999
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello everyone,

I'm currently updating my shop theme and I'm very interested in showcase. The only problem I have is with the product photos, they're displayed vertically which makes it easy to miss the description, and also takes forever to scroll through product photos if there's a lot of them. I'm hoping to get the standard product photo layout. Does anyone know a code fix for this problem? I've found one for Brooklyn but I'm not sure if it'll work for Showcase and I don't want to spend a lot of money on an unusable theme;;

Here is the showcase demo so you can see what I mean about the photo layout: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/showcase/styles/betty/preview

Thank you so much

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
14496 1670 5205

@Olivia999 

Sorry for facing this issue, it's my pleasure to help us.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Olivia999
Tourist
6 0 1

hello @KetanKumar , thank you so much for the response! I haven't purchased the theme yet so I cannot link you to the site, I wanted to check if it was a possible fix first. I'll attach a photo example of the issue, the left is the theme I am trialling. The photos scroll vertically, meaning you have to scroll through every photo to see the whole description, and it just feels a bit awkward and impractical. The right is my current theme, this layout would be perfect - just the main photo then you can select the photo you'd like to see/carousel layout. The text area on this theme looks good as well. If you need any more info just let me know(:

img.png

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
14496 1670 5205

@Olivia999 

can you please check the theme customization option maybe allow this?

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Olivia999
Tourist
6 0 1

@KetanKumar 

hello! Unfortunately there isn't an option in the customisation, just an option to change page width etc

0 Likes