Video does not load on Debut theme!!

Highlighted
Excursionist
35 2 6

I have a video on my home page, and the style is 'Image with play button'. When I go on the home page, the video is just loading forever and the play button does not work. I have tried using the 'background video' style, but that just sets a blank gray screen. It is not video link, as that works fine.

Does anyone knows why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks in advance! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 126

Hey, Leo!

Lizzy here, from Shopify.

It sounds like there may be something within your theme code that isn't working correctly. Do you know if you've made any adjustments to the code recently or added any new apps to your store? Sometimes small changes can cause ripple effects out into the elements of the homepage.

If you have changed anything you can go into most theme files and rewind your theme back to an older version. You'll see the option to do that here.

15-46-3fr7o-4p19w

Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. 

As Debut is a Shopify developed theme, if you would like, I can reach out to our themes team for you so that they can look into why the video isn't loading correctly. Let me know if you'd like me to start that process!

What sort of content is in the video that you'd like to attach? Is it showcasing your product or is it more of a vibe and branding video?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
35 2 6

Hi Lizzy,

I have done what you have told me to do, but the video still does not load. The video link of the video is a youtube video shwocasing one my products on the home page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 126

Hey @Leo_Perez.

Thank you for letting me know! I've sent you an email so that our themes team can look into this further for you. If you can reply there with some more information about your account I'll be able to keep working on this for you.

That sounds great, it's a fantastic idea to show your product in motion. I'd like to help you get that sorted as it's a fantastic addition to a website.

Lizzy

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Interestingly, I'm having the same problem. It's persisted for a few days, and copy/pasting the link again or deleting and re-adding the section has not worked. Can someone help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 126

Hi @stoven91!

Thank you for your reply on this thread! Would you be able to share a link to your store with me so that I can take a look at the video not loading for you? If you have a recording of the issue that would work too!

I also wanted to check, do you know if you've made any adjustments to the theme code prior to this error appearing? Is it possible that you've added any new apps as well? Let me know.

Thanks again,

Lizzy

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hey 

Any Luck ?

I am getting the same issue in my theme . Any help will be highly appreciated .

Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I am having the same problem: getringo.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi. I have the same problem. Appreciate if you could look into my problem. Rayhouse.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am facing the same issue, Please suggest some solution.

0 Likes