Viewing product colour variants as separate products on collection page

Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey,

I merchendise my products on my collection page with colours as different products (different handles, different colours, same name). I need to marge those products into one product and keep colour as a variant. I want to find out if there is a way to still show those colours separatly on my collection page.

Example:

I have a t-shirt that comes in White and Black. We can see 2 products on collection page: White and Black T-shirt. Once someone clicks on any of these, it takes them to the same product page with a colour picker. Maybe someone achieved it before ? I hope the issuie is clear.

Thanks for all the help.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2648 60 642

Hi Sebastian, 

this pretty much depends on your theme. You may look at this thread how a similar problem was solved.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
2 0 1

We need the same but its proving a nightmare trying to find a solution!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
3 0 4

Did you ever figure out how to make this work??? I am trying to do something similar. Not sure why this isn't a more frequent question.

1 Like
Shopify Expert
102 0 21

This is possible, but you need extensive knowledge of liquid code and it can vary depending on your product setup and apps you have installed. You would need to hire an expert to do it properly.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Did you find any solution

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi,

It's an old thread but probably many merchants are still asking the same question about listing product variants on collection pages. We have recently developed an app which allows to list variants as separate products on collection pages. Here is a link: https://apps.shopify.com/show-variants-on-collection-page . With the app you can automatically show all available variants or select variants to be displayed per collection.

Here is a link to our demo store if you would like to see the app in action.

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 5

no need to waste $30/m on @gravitysoftware  rent-seeking software, just use this code: https://dylanjh.com/blogs/19-show-all-products-as-separate-variants-on-the-collection-page-of-the-de... I personally just added the code to the end of my product-card-grid.liquid file without any other steps and it worked fine. Depending on the theme version ymmv

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 1
E-V-O, You replied to all posts that contain the link to our app. Well
done! Why do you believe that our software is rent-seeking? We won't break
even on this app in the next 12 months (if ever). The cost of development
was very high because the app works with all themes. Our code was organized
to detect the product nodes and deal with many aspects that you are not
even aware of. In addition the app has many additional features: you can
select which variants should be displayed per collection page, you can
assign the "on hover" image for each variant etc. It also works with 3rd
party filter apps. In addition we offer support and help merchants to
resolve conflicts with other apps. We work very hard to earn the $30 /
month on each installation.

Your solution is great but it needs to be modified for each theme and it's
limited to display color variants only. Our app can work with multiple
variants. Did you try our app at all? Why did you decide to offend us?
0 Likes