Want to Stop the redirect to "Cart" when someone clicks "Add to Cart"

Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm using "Debut Theme".

Anyone achieve this? Is it possible? Right now adding something to your cart brings you directly to the cart page. What this seems to insinuate is "Stop shopping, and checkout" when ideally you'd want people to keep shopping without added clicks. I want to have "add to cart" update your cart items a la digg.com so you can easily add 3 / 10 things to your cart with the easy of clickidy clicks. When you're done shopping, then go to the cart and checkout. Thoughts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1866 181 748

Hi Ilian

While it is technically possible to do, it would require so much effort that you're better off using a free theme that has a cart slider and uses JavaScript.

Hope this helps!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
63 7 38

Hey IIian, 

Bit late to the party but I just wanted to chime in and let you know that Shogun offers this ability. With the Add to Cart element within Shogun, you can change the behaviour of the add to cart button on your pages - you have two options, let them stay on the page, or send them to the cart.

https://cl.ly/a5c42cd3230f

Feel free to give Shogun a try, we offer a free 10 day trial! 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions! Have a great day! :)

Karl Jones | Team Lead, Technical Support, Shogun
support@getshogun.com | Try Shogun Page Builder for Shopify for FREE!

If you found my answer helpful, please make it as the solution!
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is it possible to send the user directly to checkout with the add to cart button? Is it possible to create a new element that is similart to add to cart, yet takes them to checkout and adds to cart?

Thanks. I know this thread is a bit old.

0 Likes