Want to create a 'Shop Pink' collection for Valentine's Day (Venue theme)

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

How do I create a collection, by only pulling in the 'pink' products? I've tried all combinations of the 'Conditions' section when trying to create the collection page and it still pulls in all the other colors. Please help.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
120 11 17

Hey, @Donna-the-bee 

Thanks for reaching out! In order to set this up, you will need to create an automated collection based on some specific conditions of your choice. Let's imagine that you are selling Jeans and want a collection that displays all of your pink jeans. We can definitely do this but there are two things that will need to be done: 

1. Add 2 tags to each of your pink jeans products. The first tag being 'pink' and the second tag being 'jeans'. Just a reminder that tags are case sensitive, so it's important to remain consistent and be aware of this.

2. You will now want to create your automated collection. It's important that when you create the collection you create two conditions: one that the product tag is equal to 'jeans' and a second one that is that the product tag is equal to 'pink'. Once you do so, the last thing you need to toggle is the 'products must match:' setting to 'all conditions' and not 'any condition'. Setting to 'all' means that a product meets both conditional requirements whereas 'any' allows for a product to be added if they meet just one of the conditions you have set up. I have a screenshot here that shows where this setting can be configured. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Dirk, thank you so much for responding so quickly. So, I think the issue is that I'm trying to single out pink products, within a mix of other product colors. For example, we have several categories of shoes...Sandals, Flip Flops, and Sneakers, all different colors. I've tagged all those products with 'Pink' and 'sandals', 'Flips', and 'Sneakers', but it's still pulling in all the other colors. Also, I have a flip and a sandal that share the same color name. So, it looks funky on the site.

0 Likes