Warehouse Theme - custom Stock message

Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 2

Hi there

I've been trying to implement a custom stock message in the Warehouse theme where I need to indicate a lead time for certain products when stock level is <= 0 and I'm still allowing the product to sell - much like has been described in this post.

Here's my current scenario after I've tried implementing this as per the post above:

I'm selling sheepskin slippers which have a production lead time;

• Size 2 is set to continue selling and stock level is currently 0 or less (and thus has a lead time when ordering)
  • Size 3 is not allowed to continue selling and stock level is > 0 (available immediately)

When I land on the product page the first size is selected by default and correctly shows the custom lead time message I’ve set up:

1.JPG

When clicking size 3 it correctly shows the available stock message:

2.JPG

All good at this point.

Now here's where the problem starts, when refreshing the page with size 3 selected it still correctly shows the available stock message:

2.JPG

However, when selecting size 2 at this point it now suddenly shows the default ‘In Stock’ message and no longer my custom lead time message anymore:

3.JPG

When I refresh the page at this point then my custom lead time correctly shows again.

I’ve tried a number of things in theme.js, and with both parts of product-info.liquid (including the JS script at the bottom).

This is critical to me transitioning my store from Supply to the Warehouse theme, I just need a custom lead time message for specific vendor’s products to show when stock is <= 0 and when set to continue selling.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @maknij 

This is where js becomes iffy, you'd have to determine where your error is.

I'd suggest going the backend route. using liquid to display messages.

e.g. if product.handle == sheepskin=slippers and  if size == 2 and stock < 1

else show default

show this message.

If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept my post as the Solution
Need help customizing your store? Contact me on email at Defineify@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 2

Thanks for the feedback - tried this already but the custom message doesn't update at all when different variants (sizes) are selected as it seems the JS is doing work in the background.

0 Likes
Highlighted

You'd have to get rid of the js, as js would take precedent since it's frontend

If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept my post as the Solution
Need help customizing your store? Contact me on email at Defineify@gmail.com
0 Likes