Warehouse theme hero image

Solved
Excursionist
11 1 3

I had debut theme for awhile and love the hero image with text overlay, but disliked how the store worked.

I have warehouse theme now and love how the store works but boy howdy do I hate the image carousel. 

I would really like to have a single image with text overlay and a button (like debut) for my homepage. 

Which way is best?

Shopify Partner
12467 1507 4501

@iramccully 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Shopify Partner
564 61 96

Hey there @iramccully,

It's possible to replicate a hero section from the debut theme to the Warehouse theme if you've understandings of the code?

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gmail.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
0 Likes
Excursionist
11 1 3
remotelyclose.us
0 Likes
Excursionist
11 1 3

Hey there KetanKumar.  My url is remotelyclose.us

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 1 3

Hey there @UmairA 

I'm glad to hear it. I'm hesitant to grab a debut .liquid file and copy-pasta without guidance. There seem to be serious differences between shopify internal themes and maestroo made. 

My process might be something like: 

In my current warehouse themed site, choose "edit code"

make a new .liquid section, copy-paste from the hero debut section .liquid file I have saved.. but not all the callbacks to theme specific things..

open like the image-with-text .liquid file in warehouse and copy-paste the theme specific things... 

add that section to... settings? and .. ..? .. make it a navigable thingamummy in the customiser... doodad. 

look in the customiser with hope in my heart.... 

I'm unclear just exactly how to do this... I'm on the right track right?  What would you do?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
12467 1507 4501

@iramccully 

Thanks fit 

do you have this section on your theme?

also do you have use your slideshow section but add only 1 slide than check again 

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Excursionist
11 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Lol. It works if you know where to go to remove the second slide. 

I dug around for days.... 

To remove the slide I go to customise theme-->homepage-->-->slideshow and select the slide I want to remove. 

At the top of the options window, just to the right of the slide title is a kebab menu. click the three dots. select "remove slide". Done. 

Yeesh. Thanks for help.

Shopify Partner
12467 1507 4501

@iramccully 

Thanks for update 

0 Likes