Webflow -> Udesly Issue?

jaredcc
1 0 1

Hi there. I thought I'd give it a shot asking a question to this community!

I created a Shopify Theme from Webflow through the Udesly Adapter and back into Shopify. So the site is basically on Shopify with a new theme to it.

For some reason, when I add a product to cart, the name of the product in the cart comes up as "My Product"

chrome_2020-06-27_21-03-20.png

However, when I refresh, the name of the products (populated as the variant on Shopify's backend), the name then appears

chrome_2020-06-27_21-05-00.png

Does anyone know why this is or can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there some kind of js fix I can inject to the add to cart button to add to cart and refresh cart before opening the mini-cart?

-Jared

fernando28
Tourist
9 0 2

Hey there, Jared! How are you doing today?

I've been using the Udesly Adapter to convert Webflow projects into Shopify themes. I've had to make many adaptations, but everything's functioned properly.

Now, that issue you described has never happened to me, the mini cart has always shown the product variant name right from the get go, with no need for any page reloads. I would suggest contacting the Udesly support team (in case you haven't done it already), since they have helped me out with a few issues that came up along the way.

From the moment I first started using the Adapter until the end of the project, there were a few updates made to it by Udesly, which caused a few minor things to break, however, they were simple enough to restore.

I hope you've already been able to fix this issue, but if not, feel free to let me know if I can be of any further help!

Fernando | Webflow -> Shopify Designer & Developer
Please leave me a like if my response has been helpful : )
Feel free to contact me for any questions and projects at fbesc28@gmail.com
strongful
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey guys
I also try to convert my webflow code to a shopify theme using Udesly.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
fernando28
Tourist
9 0 2

Hey, strongful! What’s the issue you’ve run into?

Can you please explain so I can help you further?

Thanks,

Fernando

0 Likes
isabellewarren
1 0 0

Hi,

Can I see your Shopify site designed in Webflow and converted with Udesly? Also, is Udesly pretty straight forward or should I have to learn liquid? I'm already quite familiar but not to the point that I could probably troubleshoot codes. Thank you!

0 Likes
fernando28
Tourist
9 0 2

Hey there, Isabelle! How are you today?

Awesome to hear that you're thinking of using this workflow : )
It's undoubtedly amazing what you can achieve with the Webflow + Shopify combo!

I'd say however it's unfortunately not very straight forward and learning liquid may probably be required depending on what you're trying to achieve. It's possible to build using Udesly without knowing liquid, however, I feel like it may be pretty hard speaking from experience. There are many very specific references to Shopify elements, functionality and basic structural details which I feel like you'll need to understand prior to using this tool. As you'll see, the way the documentation is written presumes you know a lot about the Shopify platform itself and its specific technicalities.

Please shoot me an email if you'd like to have a further, more detailed discussion, and I can also send you links then!

Thanks!

Cheers : )

0 Likes