Website not displaying properly. App changed theme code?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi guys, 

Our site suddenly started to display incorrectly today, but we can't really figure out why: www.blackbloc.co.uk 

Doing 'Inspect Element', there appears to be errors that have appeared (see screenshot). A couple of the errors mention Multi Currency. We did try out a currency app about a week ago from the Shopify App Store, but deleted it the same day. Could this app have changed the theme code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We've had to turn off all of our digital marketing and are getting next to no sales at the moment because of the issues with the site. 

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 12.37.49.png

Thanks,

Michael 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
468 64 128

Hi - whilst apps don't change your code as such, some (mostly ones that do something client side) will inject code into your theme (which they need to do to function). Where they inject it varies and it's possible that even after uninstalling an app, it has left the injected code behind.

However, in your case I think your problem is more likely to be those broken bootstrap cdn links. Bootstrap is a framework that your theme uses, so if your site can't load the necessary CSS & JS files (which it can't because the CDN link it is trying to pull them in from is broken) then it will have a fundamental impact on your site.

Given you have a 3rd party theme, my first route would be to reach out to the theme developer and ask them what is going on (could be as simple as changing the cdn links to the right ones).

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks, Jon - really appreciate your help and feedback on this. 

We just noticed that the theme developers' Elise demo is also behaving like our site: https://cleversoft-elise.myshopify.com/ Thus, definitely an issue we need to take to the developers of the them. 

Again, really appreciate your help! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
468 64 128

No problem. Hope you get it resolved.

Like your products BTW. Reminds me of JJ Adams. I have a few of his prints.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks, man! Great feedback - much appreciated. I'll take a look at JJ's work. 

0 Likes