What are Progressive Web Apps?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 0 7

What is the function of  Progressive Web Apps and are they available for a Shopify function?

Definition of Rugby - Do your best to kill the opponent with the ball then buy him a beer afterwards.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
792 124 390
- A progressive web application takes advantage of the latest technologies to combine the best of web and mobile apps. Think of it as a website built using web technologies but that acts and feels like an app. Recent advancements in the browser and in the availability of service workers and in the Cache and Push APIs have enabled web developers to allow users to install web apps to their home screen, receive push notifications and even work offline.

- Progressive web apps take advantage of the much larger web ecosystem, plugins and community and the relative ease of deploying and maintaining a website when compared to a native application in the respective app stores. For those of you who develop on both mobile and web, you’ll appreciate that a website can be built in less time, that an API does not need to be maintained with backwards-compatibility (all users will run the same version of your website’s code, unlike the version fragmentation of native apps) and that the app will generally be easier to deploy and maintain.

If satisfied with answer give like and mark as accepted solution.

Thank you
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 0 7

Thanks very much, please run through with me what a customer experiences when landing on my site? I am under the impression that a popup shows asking him to download something. (That WILL put me off immediately) What happens next.

Definition of Rugby - Do your best to kill the opponent with the ball then buy him a beer afterwards.
0 Likes