What does 'This endpoint has been retired' mean?

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

Hello,

My store has suddenly come up with a notification 'This endpoint has been retired' at the bottom of the home page. I have absolutely no idea what this means and why it has suddenly shown up. 

I am realy hoping someone can enligten me? I would like to remove it as its a bit strange for a customer to see. and I am hoping that there is nothing wrong. Its really strange!

Thank you in advance :)

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Any help from shopify? I'm getting the same notification on my store. It shows up for my customer too! Please help!!

4 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there,

This happens because the Instagram widget on your website is still trying to connect to the old Instagram API that was deprecated on the 29th of June. To fix the issue you will need to switch to a widget that supports the new API. For example, at https://snapwidget.com we've been supporting the new API since the beginning of the year.

Let me know if you need any help getting it sorted!

3 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am having the same issue - I have updated the new snapwidget into the code section and the new instagram images have loaded to site but still have the message showing above how do i get rid of it?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, could you share the URL to your site? It might be that you are still using another Instagram widget as well above SnapWidget that is displaying the message.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Url is https://www.tealily.com.au/ I couldn't work out which other bit of
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

Thanks!! Turns out this is exactly what it was. I updated the current widget that was on there and its totally fine now. Thank you for the advice :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

For me it was thw widget that needed updated and now its fine! Hope yours is an easy fix too!!

0 Likes

@Boutique it looks like you are also using another widget, "Insta feed" on your page that is showing this error. Could you check on your theme / pages if you see this widget installed and then remove it? The message should then go away.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

There was a hidden instafeed in the theme pages that I had originally tried using when setting up but changed to the snapwidget but i already deleted that from the pages section but seems like maybe it is embedded in the code section and i need to try delete from there? any ideas which bit of code I would need to delete? looked through and couldn't see anything saying instafeed in code?

0 Likes