What happened to it: Jumpstart Theme ?

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello,

The jumpstart theme is gone. Is there any way to use this or do you know of a similar theme? 

Jarrod

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

This is an accepted solution.

@jarrodcronin 

As of September 30th, 2019, we have delisted Jumpstart from our theme store, however, we still fully support this theme, and store owners who had the theme installed previously will still be able to utilize the theme moving forward. While new installs of this theme wouldn't be possible, we do have a few recommendations to replace Jumpstart:

• "Narrative" is a theme targeted to single products and storytelling 
  • "Debut" layouts text and images in a similar grid pattern

If neither of these themes work for your store, then feel free to reply with details on what you need from a theme as I'd be happy to help assist with other recommendations. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Peter, @Peter 

Thank you for your message. It helped a lot. I also appreciate when you said you would be available (possibly? :) ) to help with other things. I have a few things I'd like to do with my store. But one I could use help on is letting me know which .liquid file to edit to get my safety badges right under the "add to cart" button. Instead of having to place it in the product description. I only really know how to copy and paste code to the right liquid file I do not know how to code it myself or even find which file that needs to be edited. I am very interested to learn though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

@jarrodcronin 

I'm no coding expert myself, so I can't provide a concrete answer on how to make the change, however, if your badges are appearing on your product page, then you'll want to look for product.liquid or product-template.liquid. These files should point you in the right direction as they hold the coding for your product pages. I'd recommend creating a new post on the "Shopify Design" thread to connect with Community members who would know more about how to make the changes you want to make. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Peter wrote:

@jarrodcronin 

I'm no coding expert myself, so I can't provide a concrete answer on how to make the change, however, if your badges are appearing on your product page, then you'll want to look for product.liquid or product-template.liquid. These files should point you in the right direction as they hold the coding for your product pages. I'd recommend creating a new post on the "Shopify Design" thread to connect with Community members who would know more about how to make the changes you want to make. 

Hey @Peter , the Narrative theme is great (as you can change colors of specific sections of image/text bg) while on Debut you can't. HOWEVER, on Narative I can't seem to disable the top big image.

Can you kindly suggest a theme that can do what Jumpstart did:

[Header/Logo area]

[Text/Image] (with ability to change bg color)

[Display Product]

Very simple but having a hard time finding a theme that can do that. All have a huge image or dont' allow to change color of the specific section (text/image sections)

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

@JacobWil 

I believe your closest option to having that setup would be Brooklyn as it provides you with the ability to change the color for the text that appears on top of the slideshow.  If your heart is set on using Debut or Narrative instead, then we could also look into sending up a theme request to our Themes team so long as the account is eligible. If this is the route you'd prefer to go, let me know!

To be eligible for our theme support, your account will need to be on a paid plan with a credit card added to the account and design time available. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
17 0 0

Hi There,

We have the Jumpstart theme for our store currently. When we go to customization, we are UNABLE to edit our home page. It get's stuck loading and leaves the navigation panel/blocks in the pending white format.

This didn't happen before, and is preventing our team from moving forward on our pre-order plan.

Can you please let us know if the theme being delisted impacts this work? If so, we will need to change our plans immediately.

Please let us know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

@KloakBlankets 

Store owners who had Jumpstart previously should not be affected by the theme being delisted. It is quite strange that would be happening, so we'd want to get that looked into; however, before we verify your account, I would like to run through a few troubleshooting questions. 

1. Can you replicate this on a different device or different browser?
  2. Which browser are you currently using? 
  3. If you have an ad blocker enabled, does disabling it have any effect?
  4. If using Google Chrome, are you able to replicate the issue when using incognito mode?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Can we get the jumpstart theme as a fresh copy with the latest version from any source link? Also, will we face any copyright violation if we use this as a base theme for our merchants?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

@Shopi_Tasker 

We would not have a source file we can provide to store owners who wish to install it the theme into their store, as Jumpstart is discontinued. You may be able to source the theme elsewhere; however, this would not be recommended as there may be changes to the file that could be damaging to your store. In terms of copyright, I would recommend reading over "Section 12: Theme Store" of Shopify's Terms of Service here. It would be best to speak to your own legal counsel if you have any questions.

0 Likes