When Clicking Product Thumbnail Cart Field Doesn't Change - Venture Theme and others

Highlighted
2 0 1

OK new here, so any help would be appreciated.

Noticed that on several themes, when you are viewing a product, and you have thumbnails of the different variants, if you choose a variant to view, the Cart Color/Size does not change.  Just looks like a problem in the making.

Example:  I have a product you can choose in either Red, White or Blue.  What I need to do is choose the appropriate color in the drop down box and hit Add To Cart.  When I do pick the color, the appropriate thumbnail shows up as the primary image (large image on the page).

However, it doesn't work in reverse - let's say when I go into the page to start, the Red product is showing.  So I click on the blue thumbail, and it becomes the primary image.  However, the dropdown box still says red.  I can EASILY see someone hitting Add To Cart thinking they are adding the blue variant (since that is the thumbnail they picked and the one that is big on the page)... however, if they don't change the dropdown (that remains as Red)... they add the Red variant to their cart.

Make sense?  Anyone else have this issue?  Any work arounds?  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, i'm new here, how you fix that problem? I'm having the same issue.

thanks

0 Likes