When item is out of stock, how do you create back order button instead

ColombiaStudio
Excursionist
29 0 13

Hi,

I am about to launch my store selling clothings in the next few days. Some of the sizes and color are Backorder meaning it is out of stock and it can take up to 2 weeks and then it will get shipped.

So when an item is out of stock, how do I make it so that instead of the Add to Cart button, the button says "Out of Stock - Backorder - Item will ship within 2 weeks" and a confirmation in the email.

I have the Debut theme.

Thank you! 🙂

Replies 5 (5)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@ColombiaStudio 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
ColombiaStudio
Excursionist
29 0 13
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@ColombiaStudio 

It can be done by doing some code customization. please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

EmmaSmth
Explorer
45 0 19

Hi @ColombiaStudio!

One of the easiest solutions for creating Backorders is a pre-order app, especially the one that do not need coding. 

KAD Pre-Order app is the one that can help you to set backorders not only for products, but for its separate variants as well. Backorder button text can be customized as well as a tooltip for backorder button. Moreover, KAD Pre-Order has many other useful features for managing pre-orders.

Here is the App: http://preorder.kad.systems/ads/forum

Let me know what you think about it. 

Mirlan_2021
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi! 

I am in the same boat, too. But my problem is little bit different. I want to display "back-order" or "pre-order" button only to inventory of the SPECIFIC LOCATIONS. For example, we have A, B, C, locations where A is default location. If inventory in the location A runs out we want to display  "back-order" button for the inventory in remaining locations. Because, It will take a time for us to bring products from location B and C and sell them online.  

Thnaks!

Mirlan