Where are the official docs for Shopify.OptionSelectors?

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello,

I recently took an advanced theme development course from SkillShare that showed how to use the Shopify.OptionSelectors object from the option_selection.js module.  I'm assuming that this code is made by Shopify and I see a lot of forum posts where people ask about how to use it.  But for some reason I cannot find any kind of official documentation for it anywhere on the internet.  Does anyone know where it can be found?

0 Likes
1 0 0

I have looked all over the place for this too.  The unfortunate answer that I seem to have come up with is that there isn't any. 

The Shopify javascript object is one of the things that gets created when 

{{ content_for_header }} is added to the Shopify theme.  Shopify doesn't really disclose all of what is in this or what it does.  Many Shopify themes do use its features since it has a lot of useful methods and information stored in it.  The only way I have been able to figure out more about it and the js Shopify object itself is by using the browser debug and browser memory features in Chome to see the contents of the object while the theme is running.
0 Likes