Where can I edit the Payment Page - Debut Theme

Tourist
15 0 0

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to add an ACCEPT T&C checkbox to the checkout page instead of the cart page because I actually removed the cart function to limit one product per order.  Per https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-terms-and-conditions-checkbox this is not allowed :(

Which is fine.

As a workaround I'd like to just add some text to the Payments Page in checkout that just says "By clicking 'Complete Order' you agree to the Terms & Conditions".

Does anyone know how I can add this in the code?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 36 77

Hi there @kuchak!

Don here from Shopify. :)

While you can't edit the checkout area for security reasons as you have seen, it should be possible to add a message there as you outlined.

I would look into editing the language of the checkout area in your language editor menu to see if you can add this text somewhere.

There may be existing text that is already shown there that you can replace or add to so you can communicate that message to your customers.

Try clicking on the 'checkout' tab of that menu or just manually search for any existing text there you wish to edit and experiment to see what works for you. :)

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes