Where will the message in page.contact go ?

cacti
Visitor
2 0 0

I  cannot find from all my email account. 😞 How can I point to a specifiy email? Thanks all

Replies 13 (13)

Katy
Shopify Staff
779 43 178

Hey there !

Katy here from Shopify. Thanks for posting. ?

The submissions from the contact page (page.contact) should be sent to the email address which has been added as the 'customer email'.  You can find this in your: Admin > Settings > General

There is a little more info on this here, along with some best practice recommendations too. 

I hope this helps!

Katy

Please note: This account is no longer regularly monitored.
 - If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).
 - Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy exploring the Community.
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog.

kancy8224
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello Katy, I got the same issue here, I know where page.contact to go but it won't send ton the email box, so does this mean that page.contact does not work?

VikingKing
Visitor
1 0 0

How can I report spam messages or block sender from store?

cacti
Visitor
2 0 0

Got it! Big thanks!! 🙂

Emir_Eldoadoa
Pathfinder
124 6 14

is there a way to replay these emails and receive it inside the admin dashboard ? 

@Katy 

Katy
Shopify Staff
779 43 178

Hey, @Emir_Eldoadoa!

Thanks for joining in here! I am afraid that is not possible as a default feature of the admin. However there are a couple of apps which you may find helpful. I've included them below. Both options allow you to view this information from within the app, when logged into your Shopify admin.

I hope this helps you out!

Cheers,

Katy

- If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).

Emir_Eldoadoa
Pathfinder
124 6 14

@Katy this was usefull thank you 

theres something very important i want your help with please if you can

in the theme to add blocks and section from admin dashboard for customize theme 

is there a way to be able to add it with the same dashboard to pages and collections and product page 

with out adding tags in the codes 

?

i know how  to add a section with code 

but i want to have the "add section " in each page so i be free to add if i want ? 

Katy
Shopify Staff
779 43 178

Thanks for your reply, @Emir_Eldoadoa and I'm glad that you have found the information helpful! It's also great to hear that you're finding the sections feature on the homepage useful too. At the moment however it is only possible to create and move sections around on the homepage.

You are welcome to add custom code to this yourself, if you are comfortable in working with Liquid. I do suggest to test this in a duplicate version of your theme first. 

However, there are also some App alternatives which may help you out instead:

I hope this helps you out.

Cheers,
Katy

liann
Tourist
8 0 0

Hey guys! I finally figured it out.

One of my forms was made by a template in Shopify. One was built in Pagefly, a custom one. 

When I select the form section with my cursor, these are the menus that show up on the right-hand size. Left pic is the custom form. Right is the one edited out of a template. I still can't get the left one to send to my email but when I selected "Contact" as the form type in the right pic, it finally started sending me emails. I checked my Customer list in Shopify, and sure enough, the forms were being sent straight to my Customer list before. 

Next, I'm going to try to see what happens if I drag the "Contact Form" building block into my page on the custom form page, then edit from there to see if that makes it link to my email. I built the left one from Form Fields only, so maybe that's why it doesn't work. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.48.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.48.58 PM.png

JulienLin7
Visitor
1 0 0

I filled the Customer Contact in my settings with my e-mail but I still don't receive anything (junk box either).

deeptilubin
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello,

I just tested my Contact us page and I am unable to see the form that was submitted. Also, my sign up news letter was working before when customers sign up for newsletters, I was able to see them on my customer list, but I don't see when customer's sign up, I don't see customers on the list.

rakibul_hashan
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

For those who want to know in the future: Please check this video

marrycom
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there,  I'm having the same problem; I understand where to put page. Lodha Azur It's not transmitting to the email box.