Why I'm getting "translation missing: en.contact.form.send" ?

Solved
Highlighted

I'm getting this in search.liquid file with "translation missing: en.contact.form.send" on submit button.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1777 211 370

Hey Pratham,

Looks like contact.form.send path is not defined in locales/en.default.json?

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1840 177 711

This is an accepted solution.

Because the translation key doesn't exist in your Locales / en.default.json file. Also, it os most likely called contact.form.submit not send.

Hope this helps!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Visely-Team, @KarlOffenberger

What i got it Locales/en.default.json is below one.

/Start/

"contact": {
    "form": {
      "name": "Name",
      "email": "Email",
      "phone": "Phone Number",
      "message": "Message",
      "submit": "Send",
      "post_success": "Thanks for contacting us. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.",
      "error_heading": "Please adjust the following:"
    }
  },

/End/

Am i missing something.??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1777 211 370

This is an accepted solution.

As per @KarlOffenberger suggestion, change "en.contact.form.send" to "en.contact.form.submit" in the search.liquid.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Highlighted

@KarlOffenberger

Thanks, It worked.!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Visely-Team

Thanks, It worked.!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I'm having similar issues with an addition to a contact form can anyone help? It says TRANSLATION MISSING: EN.CONTACT.FORM.ORGANIZATION

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
105 1 19

@Pratham_Jani wrote:

@Visely-Team

Trying to add First_Name and Last_Name fields to the contact form. And getting 'translation missing' error.

Need some help, please!

Seems that 'customer registration form' has these two fields, but the 'contact form' does not and does not accept them. How to fix this?

Using the free theme Venture.

Thanks!

Skoory, the curious squirrel of TTL CIC - - a Company limited by guarantee with charitable objectives.
"Finally, if you quote a source, choose one with a name that is easy to pronounce...mental effort is aversive." Thinking Fast and Slow
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3692 550 893

HI @Skoory 

If you are adding new field like fist name and last name in contact page then add default text in html and if you want language translation then you have to define this object in local->en.default.json-> and find something "contact": {

(Note: this is for English language)  and check if this object present or/and add this object here on this page under "contact": 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
1 Like