Why does my store look so bad on Microsoft Explorer?

4 0 0

Hello Community. 

This my first post on the form. Or any form for that matter. My store is https://irishhands.com

Managed to get the store built ok but upon launching it there seems to be a lot of variance between different browsers and different devices. Mainly Explorer/Edge is just a mess. 

Any feedback/suggestions welcome. 

Thank you 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
346 26 52

Hi, @omnisonic.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

Thank you for sharing your store URL. It looks like you're using one of our free themes from our Theme Store. Could you post a screenshot of what your store looks like through Explorer/Edge? All themes that are in our Theme Store have requirements to be consistent on all browsers, you can view more of that information here: Browser Support Requirements for Themes

Once I see your screenshots, I can take a look at provide some guidance and resources to help! 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Picture1.pngPicture2.pngPicture3.pngWhat it should look like.png

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hello Tira

Thank you for your reply. I hope the screenshots render properly. The last one is how it should look but as you can see from the others the product list grid has been lost, the pictures only half load and there is a lot of stuff overlapping. 

I shall look into what you have said so far.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
346 26 52

Thank you for the screenshots, @omnisonic.

I noticed that your theme has some customizations on it, which may be why the appearance of your store looks different on these browsers. Are you using an app or have you had any custom coding added to your theme recently?  

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hello Tira

Yes. I'm using PageFly. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
346 26 52

Thank you for confirming the app that you're using to customize the appearance of your store.

I recommend reaching out to PageFly to ask for assistance here. It's likely the customizations to your store caused some of elements of your theme to appear differently on Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge. We're unable to support customizations that were made with third-party apps on themes, so it's best to reach out the the third-party developer of the app for help. You can reach out to them by email: happytohelp@pagefly.io and show them this forum post to provide them with as much details as possible to assist you. You can also find their website and FAQ underneath the Support section on the app's page, here

I'm also curious to see what the community can suggest!

0 Likes