Why don’t pages have features like the front page: add collections, products, etc.?

1 0 0
I’m a newbie and pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to create pages that have collections, products, etc.? It seems like in the “customize” template portal you only have options to add sections (products, collections, etc.) to the home page, but any sub-pages are just plain text. Hoping there’s something real obvious I’m missing and I don’t need to hire a developer to help me with this. Thanks!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
831 84 159

Hey there, @P2L 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

How are you getting on? That is a really great question. Pages on Shopify by default are not built in the same way as the homepage. These pages, in general, are used to write copy for your customers to view. The most common uses for these pages are About Us, Contact Us and then, of course, all the different policies such as your Shipping Policy, Terms of Service, Returns Policy, etc. 

So, in short, these pages are not built with the same functionality in mind as the home page - you are not missing anything obvious. There are, however, some great page building apps that you can get for your store that broaden then capabilities of these pages.  Here are just a few:

You mentioned that you were new to the platform. How are you liking it so far? I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars. These short tutorials take you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout @ :)

Hello @P2L

Sanal from Shogun Support. My apologies for the late response.

With the Shogun page builder app you can simply drag and drop buttons, images, videos and even products and collections into the body of your page. Here is a short video which gives you a high level overview of the features and functionality of our page builder. You can also checkout the individual articles to see how Shogun makes it really easy to showcase products and collections on any page.

If you're interested, we have a 10-day free trial, 24/7 support and an amazing set of features that'll let you have granular control over the body of your pages. If for any reason our app doesn't meet your needs, you can uninstall at any time and still keep the pages you designed with Shogun!

Feel free to reach out to us at support@getshogun.com if you have any further questions!

Regards,
Sanal

4 Likes