Why showing Gpay and Paypall options BEFORE Checkout

7 0 0

Hi,
Why does my page show payment options like Google Pay and PayPal prior the checkout page?
This way people are able to buy WITHOUT the delivery charges as they are added on the next page.
Any idea if this is error from Shopify or do I have some wrong settings?
Hope somebody can help me here.

Thanks A

payment without shipping.jpg

0 Likes
7 0 0

Same issue on Debut theme.

0 Likes
7 0 0

That's the one I used too. I got those payment options disabled now :(

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1142 93 139

hi,@@

hope you doing good

try this 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/online-store/dynamic-checkout/add-buttons

if any issue let m know 

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
141 32 36

Hi @Ader,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

These checkouts are considered accelerated checkouts and offer your customers a way to quickly get through the checkout process with their saved information. With both Google Pay and PayPal, the customer will be redirected to review shipping and billing addresses and select the shipping option before completing the order. You can read more about the customer experience for Google Pay here.

Depending on your theme, the accelerated checkout buttons will either appear on the cart page or the first page of the checkout. If you'd like the buttons to appear on the first page of the checkout stage instead, you can do so by locating the section of code below.

{% if additional_checkout_buttons %}
    <div class="additional-checkout-buttons">{{content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }}</div>
  {% endif %}

It will vary a bit from one theme to another, but the key is to find content_for_additional_checkout_buttons. Using Command + F on your apple keyboard is a great way to find that quickly!

Now we're just going to tell the system to ignore it by putting it between a{% comment %} and {% endcomment %}. The result will look like the code below.

{% comment %}
  {% if additional_checkout_buttons %}
    <div class="additional-checkout-buttons">{{content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }}</div>
  {% endif %}
{% endcomment %}

This will push these buttons to the checkout page. If you prefer, you can remove the accelerated checkout options all together using the tutorial that @Perennial linked above.

How have you found your store design process so far? If you'd like to learn more about some fundamentals of store design, I'd highly recommend taking a look at our free Design course. This course specializes in optimizing your site for conversions.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi Dani,
Thanks for your reply.
I've added the codes but it moved PayPal but not GPay.
It also only moved it to the INFORMATION page while it should be at the SHIPPING page.

Ive added some screen shots.
Can you please help me to get this fixed?

Looking forward to your reply,

Thanks, Ader

Still showing GPay.jpgSTill showing GpayStill on the information page.jpgStill on the information page

0 Likes