Will not allow me to customize my theme

Friendtasia
4 0 0

Hello, I’m trying to customize the theme to my website. And when I’m trying to edit, it keeps freezing and a video that’s saved on my phone keeps popping up. I deleted the app and re downloaded it multiple times, tried editing off the app and on my laptop. But it’s not working. Even denied access to my photos so that i can edit first and then add picture after. But it’s still freezing and the video keeps popping up. PLEASE HELP! 

Replies 7 (7)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @Friendtasia,

Hank here from Shopify.

What is the error message you see when trying to edit? Depending on what this is, may mean a number of different things that are causing this, so I will list some suggestions below and will work with you to get the answer.

Firstly, what theme are you using, and do you know who supports this? If you are unsure of how to locate this, you can do so as per this guide.

Secondly, if any changes had been made to the theme code, this may be why you are seeing some errors. But you can roll back to an earlier version of your theme (Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit code), which may offer a solution to the error.

Or it could be a localized issue. Can you try opening your admin using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache and repeating the action?

These are just some suggestions to try and resolve this issue, but let me know how you get on, and we can continue to locate what the issue might be.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Friendtasia
4 0 0

Hey hank! 

so it’s not a error message, when I’m trying to “add a section” or edit a section in my theme. It keeps freezing. And then a video that is saved on my phone Kees popping up which is extremely weird .

Do you suggest i change the theme? 

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for the additional context.

You could change your theme, but I would recommend doing some of the steps I shared just to rule out some things.

There may be no need to change your theme for instance.

Friendtasia
4 0 0

Hey hank! 

so i tried all options and it’s still freezing. I think it’s a glitch on my end. Is there more support i can get to get this fixed? 

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

It may be hard for me to see what the issue might be if it is only occurring on your end.

But what I would recommend doing is reaching out to your theme developer for further assistance.

If this is a third-party theme, you will need to reach out to your theme developer to get them to make these changes for you as this would not be supported by Shopify. However, if it is a Shopify theme, let me know and I can follow up with our developers for you.

Friendtasia
4 0 0
Hey, It’s a Shopify “Minimal” theme. And yes I’ll greatly appreciate I have to update my site w new product. And this is issue is backing me up

So thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for confirming.

As this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store. And if you are on a paid plan, I can query this with the developers if I can see an issue.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.