Solved

Word Spacing in Headers - Brooklyn Theme

Simona__B
Excursionist
24 0 10

Hi!

I am in the process of setting up my website using the Brooklyn Theme, and in my logo there is one space between each letter, two in between the words. However when writing my company name and collection name in the header and subheader section under "Customise Theme", it does not register the two spaces between the words, so when published it is hard to read. Is there a way around this? I'm experiencing the same issue when writing my company name under General Settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Accepted Solutions (2)

Bunty
Shopify Partner
133 39 82

This is an accepted solution.

Try a CSS solution. Remove all spacing between letters and keep the single spacing between the word and then go to 'Edit Code' of the theme to add the following in the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid

a.site-header__logo-link {
    letter-spacing: 5px;
    word-spacing: 10px;
}

letter-spacing is for the space between 2 letters inside a word, and word-spacing is between the words (increase or decrease to get your desired outcome)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Bunty
Shopify Partner
133 39 82

Use this for headings

h2.h1.section-header__title {
}

Check your store completely to make sure there is no negative impact of adding this

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Bunty
Shopify Partner
133 39 82

Try a CSS solution. Remove all spacing between letters and keep the single spacing between the word and then go to 'Edit Code' of the theme to add the following in the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid

a.site-header__logo-link {
}

letter-spacing is for the space between 2 letters inside a word, and word-spacing is between the words (increase or decrease to get your desired outcome)

Hope this helps

Simona__B
Excursionist
24 0 10

Hi, thank you so much, this really helped and solved the problem. Thank you! How do I apply the same code to the headers on the brooklyn theme, for example I'm attempting to do The featured collection title on the home page.

Bunty
Shopify Partner
133 39 82

Use this for headings

h2.h1.section-header__title {
}

Check your store completely to make sure there is no negative impact of adding this

Simona__B
Excursionist
24 0 10

Hi, this worked perfectly fine for me. Thank you for all your help I really appreciate it. Does the same code apply when doing the headings for different pages on the theme?